Sunday, March 05, 2006

Elaine (Dutcher) Carey

I guess I have a story also, my very best friend, was Carol Rogers, who came to CHS in the fall after I came in the middle of the 8th grade & we had both gone to Waveland together in the 8th grade. Well, you remember how in the cold winter, they would let us wait in the gym until time for the1st class in the a.m. Anyway, she was already there with a guy she had dated recently when I came in & went over to them to say "Hi" well she introduced us & that became the END of my single days, as it happened to be Steve Carey, from the class of 1962 & Carol & I have remained "best friends" also the entire time.
>>
Let's see now, I guess that would have been late in the winter or early spring of 1961Oh my!!! That makes in almost 45 yrs ago!!! EGAD!!!!! Are we that old already??? Anyway, Steve & I are still together, raised 2 sons that are now 39 & 35. The 39 yr old is married, & just celebrated their 8th anniversary, & they live in Nashville, TN. The 35 yr old is still single & LOOKING-He works right here in C'ville for RRD & Sons. He has written several of his own songs & lyrics, goes to clubs, etc. but he doesn't drink, smoke, nor does he do drugs of any kind. He goes to the clubs for the music only & perhaps hoping to find the "right one"
>>
Steve & I own our own home. It is a 3 bdrm brick ranch, south of town, fairly close to the airport.We moved out here in 1987 & we have about 3acres & 2 siberian huskies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home