Monday, March 06, 2006

Dave Brown

Bio: Dave Brown "Your class of 64 Junior Class President"

It is great to see some of the bios of '64 members. It always amazes me how much we have migrated to various parts of the country. Here is some of my history.

Married in 67 to a girl from Carmel. Graduated in 71 and taught Industrial Ed. for 2 years, the last being Carmel High. National Guard duty '66 thru '73. Spent several years in the property & casualty insurance field ending up in California for 8 years, remarried in '80, moved to Oregon to start Sign Crafters or Oregon in 1988. Have been single for 6 years, now operate both the sign company and The Awning Company in Salem.

I continued playing basketball until my body said "stop it" a couple of years ago. Played competitive volleyball then recreational until I began to lose my jump in '99, still play tennis weekly. Proudly can say I still weigh my high school "skinny" weight. Spend a lot of my weekends doing "swing and ballroom dancing". Travel as much as possible with my busy work schedule, often by my large touring type motorcycle with my lady on the back.

Have one son 24, now teaching English in Fukuoka, Japan. "And that's about all I got to say about that"

Here's a question for everyone: Who were the (4) 1964 class athletes who lettered as a freshman, and for bonus points, in what sport?

4 Comments:

At Friday, 17 August, 2007, Blogger Steve said...

Remember the "Blue Bombers" ? We always managed to toss up some long ones
Steve Thompson

 
At Friday, 17 August, 2007, Blogger Steve said...

I'm guessing...
Rex Ryker
Bobby Wiliams
Mike McCarthy
and
J B Rowan

 
At Saturday, 18 August, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 'guess' for Dave Brown's trivia questions:

Rex Ryker/Wrestling
Mike McCarthy/FB & maybe
Track too
Don Birdsong/Track
Corky Carver/FB

L. Caldwell

 
At Monday, 31 August, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The long ago posted question about the 4 classmates who lettered as freshmen has not been answered correctly. Dave Brown and Mike mcCarthy (track),Bobby Willams (basketball) and I'm pretty sure Billy Meyers (tennis)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home