Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Richard Brock



Richard Brock (Quack)

Here’s the short version of my bio. Went to Sam’s Tech for (2 yrs) in Indianapolis, off to Iowa to work for Collins Radio (13 yrs), 2 kids, and back to Ft. Wayne, IN to work for Magnavox/Hughes/Raytheon (currently at 28 yrs service and still counting). In the meantime, I got my BS from Tri State, moved to Madeira Beach, FL (still working for Raytheon) and live here now pretending like I’m retired. I re-married in 1998 and picked up 3 step-kids and love the family “grandfather” life as I now have 3 grandkids.

I’m battling cancer and currently in the middle of chemotherapy, but feel positive that I’m going to lick it. After the health issue, I don’t feel like I can retire due to the mega bucks being poured out by my work insurance. Nevertheless, I love what I’m doing; we love the weather down here as we’re near enough to the beach to enjoy the sea breeze, but far enough away to not have to battle the characters that roam the beach and the red tide. We’ll play dodge-the-hurricane this summer again, but from Nov. to May you couldn’t ask for better weather.

Here’s a picture of me in Indian Rocks Beach after visiting one of the many festivals.

Well wishes to all!

Quack

4 Comments:

At Friday, 17 August, 2007, Blogger Steve said...

Hey Richard...Remember the red '55 dodge you sold me for 50 bucks...I do. That was when we traveling to INDY to IUPUI
Steve Thompson
Asutin Tx

 
At Friday, 07 August, 2009, Blogger Gary Garver said...

Quack...hope this finds you healthy, wealthy and wise.

Somehow I lost your email info...would you send it to me at:
zr1gary@hotmail.com.

Maybe someday you, Larry Cooper, Tom Jones and I can play a few games of Indian Ball, like we used to.
Gary Garver

 
At Friday, 15 July, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say great blog!

 
At Friday, 15 July, 2011, Anonymous David Walls said...

Please re-post your comment. Thanks, Blogmaster......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home